Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Licensed in any state)
Pay Rate $37 an hour
- Assist Family Advocacy Program in assessment, intervention, treatment, and prevention of domestic violence.
- Assist Alcohol and Drug Abuse and Prevention Treatment Program in assessment, intervention, treatment, and prevention of substance use disorders.
- Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges
- Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews and collateral sources, as appropriate.
- Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
- Provide psychological treatment for individuals, families, and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
- Assist in rehabilitation of patients.
- Participate in weekly case consultations.
- Implement evidenced-based treatment modalities to treat a variety of mental health issues
- Coordinate appropriate referrals to community and other Government agencies for services.
- Independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and their family members and formulate and implement a treatment plan, identifying the patient’s problems, strengths, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed, in collaboration with the patient, family and interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds.
- Use medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures. This includes acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology.
- Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals, families and groups who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
- Independently provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individuals, groups, couples, and families. Must practice within the bounds of the license or certification.
- Provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Participate in professional peer review case conferences, research studies, or other organizations required at the MTF.
- Full Time.
- Hourly, at will position
- 40 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 8-hr day, between the hours of 0700-1700
- Contractor will not work on federal holidays
- Overtime is not authorized
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from a program fully accredited by the Council on Work Education (CSWE)
- Have a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience
- Must have experience in utilizing evidence-based treatment modalities (ex: CBT, DBT, MI, CPT, PE, ACT) to treat a variety of mental health issues.
- Additional experience: Must be trained in Cognitive Processing Therapy or Prolonged Exposure Therapy due to high population with PTSD or able to obtain within first 3 months.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice LCSW in any state
- Security Clearance: Must have a clear background in order to pass the security clearance
- Familiarity with organizational structure and operation methods of the Air Force
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Effectively use correct grammar and spelling in all written communications.
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays per year
- 10 days Paid Time Off per year after one year of service.
- Unpaid Time off:
- Any time taken off beyond your available accrued PTO will be unpaid
- All Government Closures are unpaid time off
- Bad Weather closures are unpaid time off
- Family Day closures are unpaid time off
- Federal Holidays: 10 paid federal holidays per year.