Under the guidance of a registered nurse, the Surgical Technologist participates as a member of the perioperative nursing team and performs indirect perioperative tasks for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients who are having surgical and surgical endoscopy procedures.
In this position you will:
- Attend and participate in report to ensure an understanding of current surgical cases
- Select and prepare supplies and equipment for surgical procedures. Assist in preparing OR for surgical procedures, ensuring sterile environment at all times
- Set up sterile field with instruments, sutures, blades, electrosurgical equipment, suction, prosthesis and solutions needed for procedures according to established procedures
- Continually maintain neat and orderly sterile field as dictated by the sequence of the procedure
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from a surgical technology program or a combination of education and directly related work experience
- Prior experience as surgical technologist in an acute care facility
- Current Washington State Surgical Technologist Registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Surgery Technologist certification
About the Edmonds Campus
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services.
• 217 licensed beds
• 450+ of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
• 1,400+ staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
• Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services