SITE OF SERVICE: Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA
Schedule will be flexible and adjust based on mission/clinic needs and hours will be between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm. No more than 40 hours per week.
1. Meet mental health clinic productivity requirements for direct patient care, with the expectation to have 5.5 hours of codable direct patient care scheduled per day, unless otherwise directed by the mental health flight commander.
2. Ability to work and communicate professionally as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team. Attend training and meetings as directed by the MTF policy or as directed by the supervisor.
3. Ability to effectively utilize electronic health record systems in support of the delivery of clinical care, completing required documentation within required time frames.
4. Provide clinical supervision to unlicensed credentialed providers as needed or when directed by supervisor or Mental Health Flight Commander.
5. Ability to provide walk-in triage and assessment services in addition to scheduled patient care as clinic demand indicates or when directed by supervisor or Mental Health Flight Commander.
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD).
Education: Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service specific credentialing instructions.
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.