Specialist - Project Controls
Active TS/SCI required
Contract: 26 weeks
Temp to Hire possible
55.00–$62.00 / hr
- Program Planning duties to include:
- Review all customer contract and statement-of-work requirements for the program. Develop a schedule to ensure all requirements can be satisfied.
- Create a schedule management plan to develop the schedule and document all schedule assumptions and constraints for the program. This plan also documents the weekly/monthly cycle of activities.
- Flow down schedule requirements and due dates to CAMs/PALs, major suppliers and teammates. Ensure all schedules meet all requirements.
- Lead the program team efforts toward the development of the schedule. Review any historical program data for comparison.
- Support the development of programmatic opportunities, risks and their mitigation strategies. Incorporate risk burn-down steps into the schedule, as appropriate. Provide schedule risk and opportunity inputs to the risk manager.
- Be the recognized scheduling expert for the program. Provide technical (best practices and software related) advice and problem solving for the program.
- Schedule Development duties to include:
- Ensure the schedule reflects the work to be done by cross referencing the schedule with the SOW, WBS, OBS and product structure.
- Ensure that each discrete task in the schedule has duration that is limited to a manageable and realistic span of time and assessment of progress can be determined.
- Determine whether the critical path is the longest, continuous path of tasks through the network from program start to contract completion. Ensure that the tasks on the critical path seem appropriate from a technical and risk standpoint.
- Lead CAM’s in resource planning effort. Ensure that baseline dates meet contractual date requirements. Ensure the budget aligns with the schedule for each work package.
- Develop all necessary reports to present the data in a timely and consistent manner.
- Lead the discussion on program schedules at management and customer meetings.
- Schedule Management/Control duties to include:
- Determine if the schedule provides relevant and current status and forecast of completion dates for all authorized work.
- Ensure the remaining work in the schedule and the estimate to complete work hours are aligned in the cost system.
- Run an integrated cost/schedule risk analysis tool and take any necessary corrective actions based on the results. Identify and quantify the technical and programmatic risks and determine the impact and effect on the activities.
- Coordinate recovery planning as needed
- Maintain and control the integrity of the schedule baseline.
- Support the CAM with variance analysis requirements, including problem identification, schedule and resource impact, and corrective actions.
- Program closeout.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in a related field plus 10 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Project Controls Analysis experience, including program planning and schedule development.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, working to create a program plan and tracking to the plan.
- Solid MS Excel skills, along with other MS Office Products.
- Experienced using Microsoft Project 2010 or greater.
- Experience resource loading schedules using Microsoft Project 2010 or greater.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
*This is not a healthcare role.